Here are a few fun facts about life at our house.
1. Sometimes The Dude wears jammies until nearly lunchtime.
2. Sometimes those jammies that she wears are boy jammies. (Hey! Girls like dinosaurs too! Can someone please make girlie dinosaur clothes? Thanks.)
3. Sometimes she likes to help cook up food for Mommy’s blog that would not be considered a normal snack for 9:00 in the morning.
4. Sometimes Mommy lets her eat those crazy snacks that she helped stir up and add “greadients” to.
5. Sometimes that is all we need to make a great day.
These are the little snacks we were eating earlier this week.
It was as simple as mixing up a thick pancake batter.
Then we stirred in our pizza topping choice, and fried them up.
I would recommend only dropping in about half teaspoon sized balls though. They will puff up some as they cook and they get brown pretty fast, so you want them to be small enough to cook all the way on the inside without burning on the outside (…this never happened during my test runs…).
You have to serve them up with a little smooth marinara sauce. It really completes the whole pizza-esque experience.
I hoe you will have fun with these. The Dude and I kept it simple with pepperoni only, but you could add any of your favorite pizza ingredients. In fact, I think that the more you added, the better they would be.
Pizza Fritter Bites
1 cup Bisquick
1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
dash of cayenne pepper to taste
1/4 cup milk
Add about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of oil to a large skillet and preheat on medium-high heat.
In a medium bowl stir together Bisquick, cheeses, Italian seasoning, and cayenne pepper.
Stir in milk and egg.
Fold in desired pizza “toppings”: pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, olives, tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc.
Drop 1/2 teaspoon sized balls into hot oil and fry for approximately 1 1/2 minutes per side.
Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
Serve warm with marinara sauce.
Dinosaur jammies are optional.